Thursday, June 7, 2012

Beauty of Leaves and Bicycles. And Schools Kill Creativity.

Seriously, leaves are just freakin' gorgeous.  These are still leaves found in my own yard.  Click on the image to view a larger version.


 From left to right:

"Red Red Diamonds and V's" 5.25" x 7.75" $45.  Update: *SOLD*

"Olive Drop" 3.5" x 7.75" $35.  Update: *SOLD*

"Loops and Spikes" 3.5" x 7.75" $40.  Update: *SOLD*


 And here is a little bicycle cut.  This is actually the second bicycle cut, I already sold the first one.
"Bicycle on Blue" 3.5" x 6.25", hand-cut paper by Heather Clements Art, 2012.  Update: *SOLD*


This piece is $55.

As promised, here are your green tips and inspirations sources for the day:

Green Tip #2: Ride your bicycle!  (Or GET a bicycle and ride it!)  My bicycle is my main source of transportation.  Errands and jobs within a few miles are almost always arrived at by bike.  It may take a little bit longer, but why be in such a rush?  Why can't we enjoy our travel between point A and point B?  Not only is bicycling not harmful at all to the environment, but you get exercise (which is scientifically proven to make you happier,) AND you don't have to spend a penny on gas.  My bicycle is my commuting vehicle, and also a source of relaxation and pleasure on my time off.  Sometimes we will take a day to ride to parks, restaurants, and friends' houses.  Try it.

Inspiration Source #2: Ted Talk: Ken Robinson says schools kill creativity.

Sir Ken Robinson makes an entertaining and profoundly moving case for creating an education system that nurtures (rather than undermines) creativity.




If the embedded video does not work for you, go here: http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html


I won't be blogging for the next two weeks because I will be in Europe!  I'm going with Mat, my parents, my brother and his girlfriend.  We will be going to Rome, Florence, a few hours in Venice for a train-switch, Vienna, and Salzburg.  I have been learning some Italian (Io sono une artista - I am an artist) and plan on learning at least a little German.  I will take lots of pictures and will hopefully have a few moments to sketch.  I will share with you after I return!


A presto! 
(See you soon)

2 comments:

  1. You can say,"Ich bin ein Scherenschnitter" ("I am a papercutter")im Deutschland.
    How refreshing listening to Ken Robinson.
    Thank you for that.
    Have a safe trip and be sure to sketch more than just European leaves while you're there.

    Brian D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful, safe and inspiring adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!