Happy New Year! As usual, 2012 had it's ups and downs, but overall it was amazing and for my art business, 2012 kicked ass. My business has grown so much since 2011. I thought I would share my professional accomplishments for 2012 so you can also revel in the gloriousness.
2012 Art Accomplishments:
- Solo Exhibit "I Cut Paper" at Studio b. in Alys Beach
- Solo Art Showing at private residence
- Participated in the following exhibits:
- "Heather, Heather, Heather" (3 woman show) at CityArts, Panama City, FL
- "Clothing Optional" (4 woman show) at CityArts, Panama City, FL
- "Top of the Class" Juried Exhibit at Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County, FL
- "Dia de los Muertos" Chimmaya Art Gallery in Los Angeles, California
- "Fizz" at A&M Theater, Panama City, FL
- "New Beginnings" Panama City Artist Exhibit at Bay County Library, Panama City, FL
- "7th Annual Half Off Sale" at CityArts, Panama City, FL
- First time showing in Los Angeles, CA, sold one piece in LA
- Created most expensive portrait commission to date
- Sold most expensive painting to date
- Finished art studio (insulation, walls, floors, shelves, paint, etc.)
- Taught Panama City Artists Workshop with 15 students
- Went to Italy and Austria - gained inspiration from amazing art
- 259 Facebook fans (99 as of 2011, 162% increase)
- 118 Twitter followers (27 as of 2011, - 337% increase)
- Created an art bra as donation for Battle of the Bras for breast cancer
- Won $250 Merit Award at 'Top of the Class' Juried art exhibit for "Ecocide VI" paper cut
- Had my art featured on 'Discover Paper' blog
- Became a member of the Guild of American Papercutters
- Licensed an image of my art for a music album cover and merchandise for the band "HoneyLark"
- Created a paper cut for an upcoming album by "The Silent Few"
- Sold 47 pieces of art (39 pieces of my art, 8 commissions)
- Created 48+ paper cuts
- Taught Figure Drawing Classes, Kids Art Classes, Guided Open Studio Classes, and Private Lessons
- Guest speaker at River Readings at Gulf Coast State College
- Increased profits from 2011 by 70%
Art Sold 46%
(Commissions 39%, My art 11%)
Graphic Design 11%
Art Sold 70%
(Commissions 38%, My art 32%)
I'm lovin' the 2012 percentages! My goal was to make the vast majority of my money from art, instead of classes or graphic design, and I did that by a lot! I've sold more of my art this year than any other year!
Of course, I couldn't have done it all without YOU. Yes, you! You have either bought my art, shared it with others, come to my art events, or simply added to the number of blog visitors, which is always encouraging. So a big THANK YOU to you, for helping me fulfill my passion for art in my every-day life. Because of people like you, I can make a living doing what I love.
Inspiration Source #10: SNOW. Recently, I went with my husband, my step-daughter, and my dog, Charlie, to my parents' house in Northern Virginia. My step-daughter, Madeline, got the most special treat of all: she saw her first snow ever on her 9th birthday! Best birthday gift ever. I also enjoyed the snow, thoroughly, it's always so beautiful how the entire landscape is so quickly transformed, appealing differently to all the senses.
|Waterford, VA. Cows, before the snow.|
|View from my parents' house in Waterford, VA.|
|Madeline, shortly after stepping outside to see her first snow ever!|
|First snowman ever!|
|First snow angel ever!|
|Charlie LOVES having so much space to run!|
|Madeline in the snow again!|