Wednesday, January 8, 2014

'Emerge II' - Emerging From Art Into Real Life

Not long ago I created 'Emerge I', in which leaves drawn on a woman's skin, perhaps tattoos, start to become real leaves.  Emerging from two dimensions to three dimensions and from representation to real life.  Nature has influenced so much of our design, clothing, decor, and more.  I think we can all acknowledge the awe-inspiring beauty nature creates.  Maybe our obsession with leaf-patterned things like sofas and skirts can transcend into an obsession with the origin of that inspiration.  We come from nature and we are nature.

I wanted to continue exploring this emergence theme.  In this piece, you'll see similar drawn leaves on a woman's skin.  In a couple places on her arms, they begin to peal off the skin, breaking free of the flat surface, unable to wait to become the real physical thing.  Once they leave her hands, they emerge as full, palpable leaves.  The woman is a part of it all, the catalyst for growth, allowing the natural life to flow in and out of her.

'Emerge II' 18"x24", chalk and charcoal, by Heather Clements, 2014.

'Emerge II' (detail) 18"x24", chalk and charcoal, by Heather Clements, 2014.

'Emerge II' (detail) 18"x24", chalk and charcoal, by Heather Clements, 2014.
'Emerge II' (detail) 18"x24", chalk and charcoal, by Heather Clements, 2014.
*SOLD* 

This piece of art sold faster than any other!  I don't think it's possible for a piece to sell any faster.  As soon as I finished it, I sent an iPhone photo to the model.  She immediately responded that she loved it and would like to purchase it!  The model for this piece is the lovely and talented, Olga Guy.  Her energy pours out of this piece, which is perhaps part of the reason why she would feel drawn to it.  Thanks, Olga!


Green Tip #22:  8 Things You Didn't Know You Could Recycle.  I consider myself pretty savvy when it comes to knowing how to cut down on my carbon footprint.  But this list definitely had a few things on there that I didn't know, so I'm happy to be able to share this article with you!




 I am so thankful to you for giving my blog a little look-see.


-Heather

1 comment:

  1. You are so amazingly talented and so very smart too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!