Tuesday, April 1, 2014

"Native II" Light and Shadows and Form, Oh My!

My newest drawing is a sister piece to the one before.  Both reference photos were taken on the same day with two different models.  See my previous blog to read more about the process involved in that photo shoot, which lead to different results in my drawing.

These drawings are a bit of a love affair with shadows.  Tree branches are silhouetted on the figure as they climb over the form and fall off the other side.  The light imprints the surroundings on the bodies.  All of this expresses our bond with the world around us.  We are not isolated from, but a part of the natural world.  We are native to this land.

Here she is, "Native II"

"Native II" chalk and charcoal, 24"x30", by Heather Clements, 2014.

"Native II" chalk and charcoal, 24"x30", by Heather Clements, 2014.


"Native II"(detail) chalk and charcoal, 24"x30", by Heather Clements, 2014.


"Native II"(detail) chalk and charcoal, 24"x30", by Heather Clements, 2014.


And here's a shot taken from an angle while the drawing was still in progress:

Drawing progress, Heather Clements Art



"Native II" is for sale for $975.  Payment plans (with no interest, of course) are available.  Just contact me if you're interested.


Inspiration Source #23: Christoffer Relander's 'We Are Nature' series.  I recently discovered the work of this amazing photographer.  The similarities in themes between my work and Christoffer's is so obvious that I have to admit when I read the title I thought, "Damn!  I could have used that title for my work!"  He uses double exposure photography to beautifully blend humans and nature.  Click here to view more.


Christoffer Relander


Thank you for viewing my art and reading my blog.

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!