Monday, August 10, 2015

Blog / Vlog / Video Log Thingy / New Big Painting!


Who needs to type when you can just make a video?  Obviously not me.  Not this time, anyway.  Since my art is kind of a visual thing, I thought creating a video blog made some sense.  Here it is, and be sure to click to watch it in HD full screen so you can see all those details that took me so long to paint!




And here are some images of the painting.  They're not great because I impatiently photographed it when it was still wet, but oh well.  You can see more detail in the video.

Oh, and her name is "Unity."

"Unity" oil on canvas, 24"x48", 2015 by Heather Clements.


"Unity" (detail) by Heather Clements.

"Unity" (detail) by Heather Clements.








As I said in the video, I'd love to hear comments on this painting!  Comment on technique, concept, emotional response, gut reaction, or anything else!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog/site!

-Heather

1 comment:

  1. I did not watch the video, just because I wanted to kind of examine the picture for myself first. I'm just saying what i get out of it. To me it seems like maybe she's on vacation to escape from something in life. Her face just kind of has this look like she's thinking about the future or something? I could be totally wrong but I thought it would be fun to guess what the picture was about. Either way this is an amazing painting that you obviously put a lot of time and effort in!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!