Thursday, May 26, 2011

Weird Watercolors

I don't have time to be posting this blog!  But oh well here are some watercolors from last night's Figure Drawing Class at Studio b:


So on this one (above) I painted the watercolor first, decided it was wrong, and then tried to save it by adding pen on top.  The watercolor was already off enough that the pen mostly followed the mistakes.  However, it was pointed out to me that this looks purposeful!  Now it looks kind of cartoon-ish.


So then I decided I'm more of a draftsman than a painter so I'd better draw it in pencil first.  Much better.  I was liking this one but unfortunately time ran out (15 minutes) before I had a good chance to muck it up.


And then he held a big frame.


Well, that's all I've got to share since I'm still working hard on my top-secret commission.  Aren't you just so curious???

1 comment:

  1. I love them all, thanks for showing them. The second one is an amazing likeness, but the cartoony one is the most interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!