Thursday, November 10, 2011

The New 'Art' Page

As you may have noticed, I have been adding more content to the blog via the tabs at the top.  You can now view my artist statement, bio, resume, etsy shop, contact info, and finally... my art!  Thanks to Gavin you can now see a slideshow of my art.  Simply click on the 'Art' tab above and see for yourself!  It may take a little while to load but I promise it's worth the wait!

I am so close to being done with my large paper cut.  Maybe another hour of cutting and then it's time to figure out what to do with the background.  I will also need to make a TON of spacers for this one to be able to float.  Here are a couple more teasers:



The green grid behind the piece is just my self-healing cutting board - a must have for paper cutting.  These views are also of the back side of the piece.  I draw the sketch on the back of the paper and cut from the back.  The cuts are always much cleaner looking on the opposite side you cut from.

I will be teaching a paper cutting workshop for Panama City Artists this Saturday.  That's right, I'll be giving away some of my secrets at this workshop.  To see more info, go here.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!