Thursday, November 3, 2011

Extra Large Paper Cut Progress

As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I won't be posting any full images of my latest artwork until after my solo show, "I Cut Paper" at Studio b (opening and artist lecture is December 30th.)  But I can post some teasers!

Below you will see how large my next paper cut will be.  It will be 30"x40".  The paper you see below will actually be trimmed about 1-2 inches on all sides, but it's still pretty darn big!


Progress...





I'm less than halfway through this piece, already 10 hours in, and I'm suuuuper happy with how it's turning out.  My art never turns out exactly how I pictured it (which is the same for just about every artist) but sometimes it turns out even better than I imagined it.  I don't know if that speaks positively towards my artistic skills or negatively for my imagination skills, but either way it's always a pleasant surprise when it happens!

1 comment:

  1. I can see why your hands get crippled doing this. The meticulous detail is not only beautiful, but hard work, too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!