Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pet Sketches, and H+H+H Show

The 'Heather, Heather, Heather' exhibit is hung and it's beautiful!  We painted walls and formed a newly shaped space for this exhibit.  We already have some good progress on the collaborative piece to be worked on throughout the duration of the show.  I am really looking forward to the reception next Saturday, April 21st.  Check out the Facebook event here.  Below is just a peek of the exhibit, featuring a hand-cut sign by.... you guessed it: yours truly.



I have been bringing out my sketchbook a little more lately, trying to re-capture the excitement I used to experience in my sketchbooks.  I have my moments, so I'm thinking if I keep at it, the creativity would continue to grow.  One of my favorite things to draw is my dog, Charlie.  If you know me very well, you know Charlie is my best bud.  He's simply the best dog ever, full of personality, intelligence, intuition, and love. I can only hope some of his personality comes out in some of the sketches, but mostly, he's just fun to draw. 



And of course, Frankie Holiday, our cat, is also a pleasure to sketch.  Here is one of our sleepy friends:



Sketches keep the creative mind alive, and constantly working on new challenges.


1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!