Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hibiscus Silkscreen Print and A Commitment Celebration

For a while I have wanted to create a silkscreen print of one of my papercuts.  The stark black and white lends itself well to crossing over to the medium of printmaking.  I chose to make prints of the image of "Hibiscus: Delicate Beauty."  This was a small run, each print is 11"x14", and just $35.  Contact me if you would like one!




For this print, I used drawing fluid to paint the image onto the screen.  Here is a shot of the process:




On a more personal note, Mat and I had our Commitment Celebration!  All the decorations were made out of.... you guessed it, paper cuts!  We were fortunate enough to have gorgeous weather.  That day was absolutely beautiful, and truly one of the happiest days of my life.  Really.  We were so happy to be able to share our love with our closest friends and family.  Here are just a few photos:



Photo by Desiree Gardner

Photo by Jef Logsdon

Photo by Desiree Gardner

Photo by Desiree Gardner

Photo by Desiree Gardner

Photo by Desiree Gardner

Thank you for stopping by!

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!