Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rice Paper Cut - Little Dress


In progress

With my wrist still on its way back to full strength, but my ever-growing impatience to get back to paper-cutting, I tried to find an easier way to cut paper.  I found rice paper.  Previously, I was cutting into thick watercolor paper, which is no easy task.  I thought rice paper would be so easy to cut that it would hardly strain my hand and wrist at all.  While that proved to be true, the tissue-thin paper also proved to have other difficulties.  It's as thin and delicate as tissue paper!  It rips, it ripples, and heck, it will even fly away at the slightest breeze.  I'm not sure if I'll be working with it again in the future, but I am still pleased with the results of this piece.



It's called, "Little Dress" and is framed to 9"x7."





Do you like it?  What does it make you think of?  What are your thoughts on this piece?  I'd love to hear your thoughts so comment away!

You will also notice that I've added some tabs to the top of the blog.  Feel free to check them out!



3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!! Reminds me of winter yearning for spring....

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your next life, you could be a surgeon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!