Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Paper Necklaces and Fun with Kids

Last Friday was the opening for 'Figure It Out' at Studio b. The exhibit showcases over 150 drawings from many talented artists. As the instructor for figure drawing classes at Studio b. I was proud to attend the opening. But what to wear? I had the idea to create a paper art necklace and I think it turned out great. There was a model (clothed) and easels set up for people to draw during the opening.  Here is a photo of me drawing, and one of me instructing, per request.


Here is the second necklace I made:


This is my "Oh, I can't believe how beautiful this necklace makes me feel!" shot.  
Cheese-factor intentional.

Once I get the clasping method down I plan on making more of these and having them available for sale at CityArts Cooperative, Studio b. and online at my etsy shop.  I'm excited about the possibilities of wearable art.  I think the paper medium and the subject of nature in the form of jewelry represents the delicacy of the natural world.  

And last but not least, here are some shots from my kids art class at CityArts Cooperative!  This was a 2-week project of paper-mache birds!  The cardboard and paper scraps were recycled, and the paper-mache mix was all natural!  The kids really loved this project!


Kids Art Classes at CityArts Cooperative (in downtown Panama City) are every Tuesday from 4-5:30pm.  $15 each class or sign up for 8 weeks and pay only $100 ($12.50 a class.)  Ages 7-12.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!