Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oooh Pretty New Camera

For the winter holidays this year I got a very big present: a new camera.  A Nikon D3100 to be precise.  A big thank-you to my parents for this much needed and also very fun gift!

Somehow I got through the craziness that was last week.  It went straight from over-worked stress to non-stop celebrations!  December 24th was Madeline's (my step-daughter) birthday, complete with cake, presents, and a dance party!  The next day was spent in Wewahitchka with Mat's (my boyfriend/ life-partner/ I need a better name for this) parents.  My favorite moment was when Betsy (Madeline's Grandmother) opened the present I got her.  I made her a drawing of Madeline:


Then Sunday I flew out first thing to see my parents in Virginia.  Luckily, some of my other family was able to stay until Sunday to see me for a few hours.  I was very grateful and happy to see everyone!

Once I got my new camera I played around with it plenty.  Here are some shots of around my parents' house.







Here is one of the portraits I was commissioned to do that I finished last week:


And as if I haven't already posted enough images, here are a few sketches from last week's figure drawing class:

gestures- 1 or 2 minutes

I suppose that's enough for now.  Happy New Year everyone!



1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!