Friday, January 27, 2012

Tree Suit - Paper Cut


Aaaah, paper cutting; a love that could last.  

Here is a new paper cut called "Tree Suit," framed to 11"x14".  I sanded and painted the shadow box white.  This paper cut is floating more than any of the previous ones.  It happened by mistake.  I was setting it into the shadow box (which is 2" deep), when the cut paper fell forward to the glass and the background of blue (hand-painted) stayed back.  I thought, "Hmmm, yes!  This works!" So I created a system so the paper would float way above the background and here it is:


"Tree Suit" by Heather Clements.  11"x14" paper cut.



And yes, it is for sale!  Contact me if you are interested.


2 comments:

  1. My husband and I came to Studio b in the beginning of January and loved your art. I haven't been able to get it out of my mind. Each piece was wonderful. I mailed two of your postcards one to my 85 year old Mother and one to my 11 year old Grandaughter, they both loved the paper cut concept as much as I did. Last night I gave it a try and although not accomplished as yours it was fun. I would be very interested in taking lessons. Respectfully, Donna Jangula redheadnana@knology.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! I'm so glad you tried paper cutting, it can be addictive. :o) I have been thinking about teaching another paper cutting workshop, but nothing is in stone yet. I will keep you posted. I do teach figure drawing every Thursday night at CityArts Cooperative, in downtown Panama City, if you're interested. Feel free to contact me for more details. heatherart@hotmail.com

      Delete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!